1. Do not sit down when singing. This is not your unplugged.
2. Do not sing a ballad. No one cares.
3. Do not take your friends on stage with you if you are nervous. You want them in the crowd, where they can yell and clap for you.
4. Do not boo the singers. Karaoke is at least three of most people's biggest fears rolled into one public experience, so everybody gets a E for effort.
5. If you pick a song everyone knows, nobody cares what you sound like because they are too busy singing along. This crowd wants to sing. That's why they're at karaoke.
6. No one with ass ever sings Baby Got Back. I do not know why this rule exists, but it does.
7. All Meatloaf songs are too long for this.
8. Guitar is not the only instrument one can air.
9. If you can't think of anything else to sing, there's always "Say It Ain't So."
10. Tip your DJ.